Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default need switch for 3-in-1 machine

Leon Fisk wrote:
That sounds a lot like the switch on my HF 9x20 lathe.
Grizzly has a much better parts replacement setup. See if
this looks like the part you want:

Thanks for the links. It is definitely NOT the
same switch. It is
actually more convenient, as all the reversing
connections are
internal, while my switch has a MAZE of wires
running all over to
interconnect the poles and swap the polarity of
the start winding.
I am sure I could make this switch work
electrically, but it might or
might not be an easy fit in my machine. I did
find an outfit that
listed the exact switch by part number, so I may
go with that.
On the other hand, that part burned out after 10
years of VERY VERY
light use, so maybe I DON'T want another crummy
switch.

So, how does your switch mount to the cabinet?
Does it have a big
plastic nut that secures it in the hole? I could
probably modify our box to use such a switch.
Ours now has a steel plate that bolts to the box,
and the plate has a small
hole for the switch handle and two screw holes to
mount the switch. Pretty insane
way to build a machine, but they were obviously
using off the shelf parts.

Jon