Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Use old speakers out of a Sharp stereo

On 10/23/2009 3:54 PM Eggbert spake thus:

I recently got some speakers out of a Sharp stereo. I have no idea
what the model of the stereo is, but if it is any help, on the back of
the speaker, it says:
EASJ10P14B3
SPF1759A

Numbers on speakers of this type are absolutely no help. They're put
there by the manufacturer, and usually cannot be traced at all.

I was wondering how I would rig it for use as regular speakers (with
3.5 mm jack) This wouldn't be a problem if the speakers had two cords,
but there are three.

[snip]

Forget all this nonsense about "three cords" (by which I assume you mean
wires).

The speaker has two terminals. Connect those two terminals to the
corresponding channel's two output wires. Use whatever means is best for
you (soldering, using existing push-on terminals, etc.) That's it.

(This is assuming a single speaker with no crossover, etc.)