Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi pressure washer on sale 8th Oct 2009

David wrote:
On 23 Oct, 19:49, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
David wrote:
On 23 Oct, 08:49, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Stephen wrote:
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 20:54:14 +0100, Tim W wrote:

If you ever try a 'real' one it will blow your socks off. 200
bar @ 20 litres/min is a thing to behold.

And to add meaning, 20 lpm is what a garden hose on 4-5bar supply
with no nozzle might give you. Rather more than the carwash
one...

Sorry for the late reply. That's interesting to know. A lot of
(non uk-diy) people seem to think that pressure washers make your
water meter spin into orbit, but what you are saying is that they
take the same flow of water but increase the pressure, just as
their name would suggest. So they do not use any more water than
someone using a hose on their car/patio/whatever. I should have,
but never did, realise that before. Thanks.

Pressure washers use less water for any given cleaning job, because
they do the job in much less time. Thats why they were developed.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

What do you think of Nilfisk models?

They seem to have a much higher spec than Karchers for a cheaper
price.

Nilfisk are pretty big in pressure washers due to acquisition. They
bought Gerni some years ag, then KEW (both large Danish
manufacturers) then WAP (number 2 in Germany after Karcher).

They have huge resources & access to plenty of technology. KEW were
always ground breakers in design, Gerni & WAP first class
engineering. Potent mix.

Good range of products & will probably get better.

Thanks Dave.

Would you say the are better than Karcher?

Impossible question. All manufacturers have great machines & terrible
machines over a period of time. Gerni for example had cold water machines
that IMO were the best in the world. Their hot water machines sometimes
left an awful lot to be desired, except one particular model which was a
world beater.

Like for like I wouldn't expect much difference TBH.

On some valeting forums, a lot of them had trouble with their Karchers
so they got a Nilfisk or Kranzle instead.

I'd suggest that car valeters are in general unlikely to be in the best
judges. Most I've met are completely clueless oiks who will buy the
cheapest ****e they can find & then complain because it isn't 100% reliable
when used 24/7. DIY machines are NOT built to run more than half an hour a
day for example.

The number of 'professional' car valeters I've met in the last 30 years
could be counted on the fingers of one hand - even if you had fingers
missing.

Every manufacturer makes several 'ranges' of machine. Typically they will
have a series that are desinged to run two hours a day, a range for four
hours a day & a range for 6+ hours a day.

A car valeter using a cold water pressure washer should expect to pay well
in excess of £500 for a suitable unit, or over £1500 for a hot water unit.
Almost all car valeters use cold water machines, which are simply not
correct for the job.

Kranzle are a manufacturer I have great respect for.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk