Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Running Central Heating Without Inhibitor?

BraileTrail
wibbled on Friday 23 October 2009 18:29

Hi,

I have just finished some work on my central heating system (fitting
TRVs, changing the bathroom radiator for a towel rail type radiator and
some pump work involving some soldered joints).

I would like to refill the system and run it for a few hours to check
for leaks *before* adding inhibitor. How much "damage" is this going to
cause? OK, it wont cause damage, but is this a good idea?

This will cause no problems whatsoever for a short time (that could mean
days/weeks depending on what your water is like).

As others have said, flushing the crap out would be more beneficial in the
first instant.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...