Posted to rec.woodworking
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Drafting machine?

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
In spite of having used CAD programs for many years (TurboCAD is my most
recent tool, and let's not have this degrade into a Sketchup war, shall
we?) I still resort to (and enjoy!) using pencil and paper for many of my
design activities. I used my Dad's drafting board, T-square, and
triangles for many years, and I still have fond, fond memories of taking
drafting class in high school, one of the two most useful classes I ever
took (typing being the second; and man was that Mrs. Utz a hottie!).
Unfortunately, I no longer have a decent drafting table, the T-square is
long gone, and all I have left are a few triangles and my drafting pencils
and a sharpener. I'd like to rectify that, but then again ever since
taking drafting class I always had a hankering for one of those fancy
drafting machines (like this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zeichenmaschine.jpg). Does anybody own
one? There are lots of them for sale on eBay; any recommendations?

--
If it ain't perfect, improve it...
But don't break it while you're fixin' it!

I just use a simple drafting board and tools as I did in high school. That
is all we had then. Class of 1944. WW