Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Push in -- pull out fastener ?

mkr5000 wrote:
Yeah, I use magnetic strip on something else that's similar and it
works nicely -- I may look at that again with this -- thanks for the
reminder.

Trouble is with this, it could be easily tampered with -- really need
something stronger.

How about the push latches like you see on cabinets and such? The ones
that you push in and they latch push in again and the item pops up and
can come out.

OR if you want something hidden and tamper proof use a reed switch and a
couple small solenoid latches.

Or even simpler would be a couple of steel rods set in channels and
moved from the outside with a good magnet. Think a small version of a
barrel bolt latch.

--
Steve W.