Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe[_3_] Ron Lowe[_3_] is offline

Default [OT-ish] Left over right, right over left

John Rumm wrote:

Since this is a DIY group, I'd just dismantle it, drain water out of
where it don't belong, ( perhaps a blast of compressed air )and hope
the gas valve has survived the wetting!

I could well see the boiler being shagged - a dose of water in the gas
valve, fan, over the PCB etc.

Well, possibly. But I still think it's worth the punt.

I doubt the main gas valve would have opened enough to allow enough
water in to flood things that badly. The thermocouple wouldn't have
allowed that.

I still say a good dismantle / blast with compressed air / dry out
components in an airing cupboard overnight would have a fair chance of
working.

In our work, we often get complex electronic and electo-mechanical parts
flooded, with things much worse than fresh water. You'd be amazed how
often a good flush in fresh water, followed by baking at a lowish temp
in a drying oven can bring them back to life. Depends how much magic
smoke has been alowed to leak out under fault conditions! If the
engineer has been able to recognise the failure quickly, and
powered-down before cooking everyting with dozens of amps, there's a
fair chance of recovery.