Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed RedOnRed is offline

Default Wickes Radiators

"nafuk" wrote in message
On 22 Oct, 14:10, Bill wrote:
Thanks folks. I've not read anything particularly bad about them yet,
so veering towards buying them.

I have bought some. The bleed plugs are very weak and inaccesible on
double rads. They are in the form of a small brass crew in plug with a
square section for the bleed key to fit over. Because they are so
small they are weak and one has broken off whilst looseneing to bleed
- now faced with drilling and tapping a replacement (it is on a double
radiator and no space to get a drill in to drill it out. So be careful
when tightening/loosening.

I've just had the bleed plug shear off when bleeding a Centerrad radiator.
Couldn't find a simple small replacement part
any where and have just subsequently had the rad replaced with a much nicer
looking and sturdier Stelrad. Which I believe
comes with nickel plated bleed valves.

After my experience i'd pay the bit extra and go with a brand you can trust.
For the price Wickes are selling them at they've got
to be cutting corners some where.