Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default End Tables completed

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:46:51 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita
scrawled the following:

Zz Yzx wrote:

.... snip

Sorry, but I'm a geologist, know granites and related rocks, and like
to keep the universe in order.

-Zz

(Can you appreciate the color, though, Zz?)

I'm not going to argue that one way or another, it certainly appears to
be
more than what I thought basic granite consists of: quartz, feldspar, and
mica. I'm going to go by the description used for these and other similar
tops: Granite top, color scheme: Verde Uba Tuba.

I _thought_ it had a green tinge to it. I adore green granite, the
greener the better. Now I know how I want to do my end tables once I
get enough crap out of the shop to work again...

Definitely worth it. The depth you get out of the polished granite and
the contrast with the cherry definitely make it worthwhile.

Are the shaped legs courtesy of Schultz, from _Classic Arts & Crafts
Furniture You Can Build_? I've always liked the curves.

The curves were my own, I played some with the radius to get what I
thought looked good. I've tried to include curves on all of my pieces to
avoid straight rectangular forms.

---
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
--Erica Jong

Rob Leatham