Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Air admittence valve - get away with 50mm?

Tim W wrote:
Might I get away with a 50mm jobbie, like:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/42968/

Otherwise if I have to use a 110mm version, does it need to be installed
above the flood level (so above the bog rim I suppose) or can it be
installed lower? The 50mm one above suggests 100mm above pipes and below
flood level.

Bog goes in the side port and the sink goes into one of the small side
bosses.

OK - I got a Floplast 32/40/50 mm one. A highly scientific mouth suck test
shows it seems to allow loads of air through and its operation is silient
(no farty noises) other than a hiss.

What adaptor did you use to plug the 50mm AAV into the 110mm downpipe?
I'm just doing a bathroom where it would be nice to have the AAV below
toilet pan level, rather than above it.
Ta
Alan.