Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default paint roller cages

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 00:31:34 +0100, fred wrote:

Walking sleeves are normal but get worse when you push harder (in
frustration), just push the sleeve back on regularly when you reload the
roller (or in between) and try to keep the pressure light and even.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I am sure heavy handedness played a
part in my problem. I guess my instinct was to press [too] hard to
fight gravity and keep the roller on the ceiling.

I've not used 12in cages, let us know how you get on.

I bought a 12 inch cage to do the ceiling. All of the ones I have seen
are supported at both ends, which should stop the sleeves creeping
off. It didn't slide off when I used it but may be by then I had taken
your advice on board and wasn't pressing so hard.

I suppose one advantage is that it covers a wider width in one stroke
than a nine inch roller but OTOH the trays are too big to fit into the
sink to wash them afterwards.

For the walls I found the "traditional" nine inch rollers were
satisfactory. I don't know whether a 12 inch roller would have been
too bulky to handle?