Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default Aldi pressure washer on sale 8th Oct 2009

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:40:45 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

The old Aldi one was a Karcher with induction motor; it's a shame the
new one isn't.

I doubt that, more likely a Lavour.

I recently borrowed a cheap (non-induction) Karcher and cleaned the
patio with it. I had never used a pressure washer before so I was
really impressed how much grime it cleared off.

If you ever try a 'real' one it will blow your socks off. 200 bar @ 20
litres/min is a thing to behold.

Sorry for the late replies, I've been painting (see other thread). By
now has anyone bought a pressure washer from Aldi and what did you
think?

I have not seen any of the previous Aldi pressure washers but I
believe they were made in Karcher yellow and even said on the box
"made by Karcher for Aldi" and they were induction motors.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_5585.htm

It's a shame but like you say, I guess their latest batch have been
made by someone else and built to a certain price.

I'll certainly look at the Screwfix models though.

I know you have an industrial one, what make and spec is that?