Stephen Meier

Default Tail vise

I just posted pictures of my solution to the tail vise question as well as a
post-mortem write-up of my bench-building experience in ABPW

"Chuckburkett" wrote in message
I'm thinking of building a new bench with a tail vise. I've never used

one,
though I currently have a traveling dog. While inconvenient to opperate, I
appreciate what it does. My question is, assuming that a good face vise of

some
sort makes the jaw redundant, what role does the tail vise play other than
carrying the dog? My plan at this point is to build a leg vise on the

front and
some sort of travleing dog as a tail vise.

Thanks,

CB