Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default BSP waste adaptor?

Hi,

I have a chrome bottle trap for my basin. Mr BSP has struck again... BES
only do these in 1.5"/40mm BSP with a 75mm seal depth as suggested by BR.

The basin, it turns out, presents a 1.25"/32mm thread.

(Here we go again - I hate threaded plumbing in the same way I hate RS232 -
both have standards - but both have too many!)

So, it's either return the trap and try to source from elsewhere, or find a
32mm female to 40mm male short adaptor, parallel thread, end bearing washer
seal, ideally in chromed brass.

Buggered if I can find one online. Do such things exist?

Ta

Tim

--
Tim Watts