Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

Default Kenmore Microwave Oven - 2 failures in 2 years

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:04:11 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

Some times the best way to blow off some steam is with words.

Yep. I've learned more about effuent terminology and profanity while
working on the septic system than all the CB lingo in my chequered
past.

I've helped
design one of the best amateur radio repeaters in the Cleveland/Akron
area now being used for the backbone of NOAA - W8CLE and SKYWARN.

Well, working backwards, I either built or helped build:
W6JWS-2m Bonny Doon. (no photos)
K6BJ Santa Cruz. http://www.LearnByDestroying.com/k6bj/
KI6EH Watsonville. (no photos)
A bunch of junk in Smog Angeles I would like to forget.
WB6EEP West L.A.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Old%20Repeaters/slides/wb6eep-01.html
and a bunch of commercial stuff.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Old%20Repeaters/index.html
My favorite was a repeater built into a hollowed out 4x4 fence post
and installed in a prominent location. Sorry, but no photos.

The problem with ham repeaters is that they seem to run forever,
usually with zero maintenance. When something finally breaks, I get
to fix it. When someone builds it wrong, I get to fix it. When
something blows, I get to repair it.

Design is usually done on the back of an envelope. Documentation? We
don't do no stinkin documentation:
http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffl/k6bj/K6BJ%20Repeater/slides/Documentation.html

One of the few smart things I've done is to NOT build my own repeater.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D