Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speed Bump

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:47:54 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote

We call 'em "Drunk-Bumps" here.

I used to work at The Las Vegas Hilton. They had sets of two speed bumps
that were about five feet wide and six inches tall and about fifteen feet
apart. Very tapered, though. But they had them placed, probably on purpose
so that if one went over the first one, the front end went up, then the back
wheels hit, it caused the car to come down nose first right at the point
where the second speed bump was. BAM. This was absolutely disabling to any
car that was really flying, and I saw literally hundreds of vehicles towed
out of there in a five year span, broken tie rods, collapsed A frames,
leaking all manner of fluids, Made a hell of a racket, too. Cabbies were
the worst, and I've seen luggage and clothes strewn like a plane crash.

Steve

And at the posted "crawl" cars just float over them without any damage
or excitement.