Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Blanket Chest from Recent Projects

Russ Stanton wrote:
I have six grandchildren and this is the first of six blanket chests.

It's a grandfathers job to spoil the grandkids and you're certainly
doing a great job of that! That's a treasure.

It is based on a plan from FWW Mar/Apr 98 and made from Walnut and
Beech. The Beech came from Rockler and was described as "flame
curly". The finish is GF two step with Seal-A-Cell and Arm-R-Seal.

I've been wanting to do a nice blanket chest for some time but never
seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. But I think I may have now.
I'll have to track down a copy of that issue. Thanks.

The inside is done is Shellac.This is my third woodworking project
since getting back into the hobby after about 30 years.

Wow, you certainly hit the ground running.

I applied the finish before I glued up the chest.

I always like to do that myself. Less risk of glue blotches.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska