Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default "Blonde moment & a refrigerator"

"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:39:16 -0400, Jerry - OHIO wrote:

If you can read a tape 'correctly' why make it longer, that's just
stupid !!!!

Cold makes things contract, right? Soon as you put those warm metal
shelves in the fridge, they're gonna get shorter. Best cut them a bit
longer when they're warm just to be sure. ;-)

I'd make a template out of two slats from old window shades or other long,
thin pieces of wood and a binder clip. Hold them together, extend them till
they both touch and then clip in place. From what I see of old timers
working, they'll make a template as often as they'll make measurements for a
lot of "cut in place" sort of things. In the Paleozoic era, when people
still used linoleum, I remember seeing a pro make a paper template with two
sticks and a square so fast I was "floored." g

--
Bobby G.