Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default Garage into Welding Shop

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 05:57:52 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote Re Garage into Welding Shop:

In 2007 we moved our business from one location to another. While the town
as very good to work with, it still required a lot of paperwork and
oversight. as did many other branches of government. A homeowner pays 1% of
a project cost for inspection fees. Commercial pays 3%. That adds up when
you are talking $75,000 for electrical work alone. Twice a year we pay $150
to have backflow preventers tested, Four times a year we pay $800 to have
the sprinkler system tested. Hoist inspection, fire extinguisher inspection,
and more.

All of our contractors, such as welders had to be certified, etc.

Now I see some of the reasons that products made in China are so much
cheaper. It's a lot more than just low wages.

Thanks for the info.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.