Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default need switch for 3-in-1 machine

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:02:00 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

snip
We have one of those horrible 3-in-1 machines at
work. (I know better
than letting a piece of CRAP like that in MY
shop.) Anyway, the power
switch has gone bad, it has a burned-up contact.
It is a fairly compact
rotary reversing switch with a center-off
position. It has a part #
HZ10-10P/4.

snip
Does anyone know where to get such a switch? It
would be convenient to
get an identical replacement so I don't have to
drill a bunch of holes, etc.

That sounds a lot like the switch on my HF 9x20 lathe.
Grizzly has a much better parts replacement setup. See if
this looks like the part you want:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G4000/parts/8

It is part number 9 and they want $33. Gulp!

They have a really nice wiring diagram for the switch in the
manual here (~11mb):

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g4000_m.pdf

You can look and see if any of the Mill/Lathe combos look
familiar he

http://www.grizzly.com/products/cate...spx?key=460000

--
Leon Fisk