Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage into Welding Shop

On Oct 20, 7:40*pm, dpb wrote:
Tony wrote:
Would there be any building code applicable if I want to section off
part of my garage for a small welding business? *Or is this something I
get business insurance for and they tell me the specs.?

Well, since you later (why later???) allowed as how you're not in an
area w/ zoning and in TN, insurance for business use of the dwelling
specifically will be required, obviously. *There's the question of
liability as well, of course.

Depending on the specific County you might not be required for a
business license but probably are. *You do need to do all the other
stuff tax- and registration-wise for State and Feds, of course
(including sales tax, self-employment FICA taxes, etc., etc., etc., ...)

--

It's more than just an issue of business insurance. It's an issue of
any existing insurance on the property and what effect this has on

Since he's living in no mans land where he says there are absolutely
no zoning or building laws, which I find hard to believe, I'd start
with talking to the current insurance company.