Posted to alt.home.repair
FenderAxe FenderAxe is offline

Default Swimming pool maintenance

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:20:22 GMT, FenderAxe wrote:

Hi there --

I'm considering buying a home with a swimming pool, but I'm concerned
about the monthly cost of maintaining the pool.

The cost isn't so bad--- but it takes time.

Is it difficult to maintain a pool's chemical balance yourself?

No-- but you need to keep at it. 15 minutes a day will save you
spending a whole day/weekend, draining and refilling. I second
the robo-vac suggestion.

If you hire
someone to maintain the pool, what is the amount you normally pay per
month?

Did you ask the homeowner all these questions? If they had a pool
guy, talk to him. If not- ask where they got their supplies.

Jim

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of these fantastic,
informative posts. I really appreciate your assistance and feel a lot more
comfortable moving forward with getting a home with a pool.

Thanks again --

FA