Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No mud when water heater drained

On Oct 20, 8:37*pm, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
All the water heaters that I have installed recently have had a dip tube
that was curved at the end so as the cold water comes in, it swirls the
water constantly cleaning the bottom.

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I drained my 3 year-old gas water heater last night, for the first
time. *I drained it into a sump pump pit that is in the basement at a
lower level than the water heater, through a piece of garden hose that
I screwed onto the drain output. *There was no sign of anything other
than clear water throughout the entire 40 gallon draining process.
After it finished draining, I turned the input water back on and put a
couple of gallons of fresh water into the heater to see if I could
stir up anything on the bottom. But the new water drained out clear
also. *I guess I should be happy, but I am wondering if I missed
something.- Hide quoted text -

Interesting about the curved tube, I don't have a clue if mine has
onbe or not. Thanx for the idea.