Larry Jaques

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:26:57 GMT, Tom Watson
brought forth from the murky depths:

I read someone's comment the other day about how their ISP claimed
that "no one uses newsgroups anymore."

That's absolutely false. Hell, you _alone_ have responded to
at least 50 trolls on this group this month. Your 1/2 dozen
troll-responding buddies did the same. glare

My own ISP has made the same comment to me when I've called to
complain about inadequate Newsgroup service. They seem to feel that
their customer base uses Usenet in only a marginal fashion. They act
as though they couldn't be bothered.

I think it's a burden to handle all the traffic so they
say it's dying and just don't service it like they should.
Switch ISPs, then stick with a good one.

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development