Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default Painting metal (a van)

Jonelle wrote:
Hi all

I'm acquiring a van shortly (purely for recreational use - camping,
biking that sort of thing).

I want to paint the inside white, in order to make it a lot lighter. I
was planning on simply using ordinary undercoat and an eggshell type of
finish. This will be fine for the three walls (which are ply-lined) but
I was wondering if it's also OK for the roof.

Any opinions?

Mildly connected: I'll be investigating getting windows fitted in the
sliding doors (it's a Citroen Dispatch), to enhance the light;
apparently - I hear - that will also ease the operation of taking the
odd load of waste to the local tip).

Cheers
John

skylights let in more light