Posted to uk.d-i-y
John L John L is offline

Default Vans vs Cars (was Painting metal (a van))

Colin Bignell wrote:

Fitting side widows behind the driver's seat makes the vehicle a car

for VAT purposes, which may affect its resale value.

Eugh -- never knew - or thought - anything about that, Colin. In what
way does it affect the resale value? (I'd would expect it would go *up*
not down as you seem to imply).

I must say, that acquiring this van has taken the lid of various
nasty-looking issues called "VAT", Trade", "Trade Use", etc etc which
I'd never thought about. My first 'real' car was an Escort van in the
70s: it was great, which is what took me back to the idea. But times
have changed and I have an awful feeling that I'm on thin ice in some
"regulatory areas" that I never knew about. I must stress again that I
have no intention whatever of using this van "for profit or trade": it's
for recreation!

Cheers
John