Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage into Welding Shop

Tony wrote:
Would there be any building code applicable if I want to section off
part of my garage for a small welding business? Or is this something I
get business insurance for and they tell me the specs.?

Well, since you later (why later???) allowed as how you're not in an
area w/ zoning and in TN, insurance for business use of the dwelling
specifically will be required, obviously. There's the question of
liability as well, of course.

Depending on the specific County you might not be required for a
business license but probably are. You do need to do all the other
stuff tax- and registration-wise for State and Feds, of course
(including sales tax, self-employment FICA taxes, etc., etc., etc., ...)