Posted to alt.home.repair
lora lora is offline

Default chemical smell in home and freezer not as cold as before

Fridge appears cold as normal, but freezer is warmer than before, i.e
temp is higher than freezing.

I don't think it's gas as we had the fire dept come out yesterday with
their meters for gas and Carbon monoxide and they couldn't find gas
nor CO.

Pls advise on how to troubleshoot further.

Thank you!

On Oct 20, 11:01*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
lora wrote:
Hello all,

Yesterday morning we noticed a very strong chemical smell in the 1st
floor of the house. It was hard to tell where it was coming from.

Then I noticed yesterday that the freezer section of our side-by-side
whirlpool refrigerator is not as cold as it used to be, i.e not
freezing temps.

I'm not entirely sure if a problem with the refrigerator would emit a
chemical odor throughout the home.

Can anyone advise please and how to diagnose this further?

Thank you!

Hmm,
Refrigerant leak? Air circulating fan inide the box not working?
Is the fridge section cold as usual? No gas detector in the house?- Hide quoted text -