Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Solution for Jointer Fence Repair/Replacement

You are one lucky bast$%. Congrats.

On Oct 19, 5:30*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
I picked up a Delta 37-285 Jointer on craigslist for $75....
hmmmm.... I think I forgot to *gloat* about that. * *:-)

It works great, as far as the motor, cutters, table, and all that go.

The problem is in the adjustable fence. The parts that make it
adjustable are made of that pot-metal that they used for the longest
time. You can see in the following lousy picture that they have cracked..
http://www.mikedrums.com/fencecrack.jpg

Found a new fence assembly on ebay for 20 bucks that is used on Delta's
newer jointers and disc sanders.

With a couple mods, it works very nicely.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*