Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default RCM'ers map?

Up North wrote:

"XR650L_Dave" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 11:15 am, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I read a post this morning from someone who located himself on the MA
northshore. And I got to thinking about how there are other RCM'ers
around here (Carlisle, MA). And wouldn't it be cool to have a map
showing where we are? And Google Maps lets you do this very easily!

So I propose creating such a map. My initial thoughts a
- New England (CT,RI,MA,VT,NH,ME), but it could be as inclusive as desired

- I'll create & maintain it, with "Public" access (although you'll need
the URL, but "In the future, public maps will be included in the search
results on Google Maps ...")

- the format will be an icon for the town, with text showing the name
and/or email address (both optional) of all RCM'ers there.
E.g.:http://tinyurl.com/ne-rcmers
(I thought the gear icon was appropriate)

- you can email me your town & the text you'd like shown
), or post as reply

Any comments?

Bob

For another group I read this was used. http://www.frappr.com/ Seemed work
well and I looked up a few folks when I was traveling.
Steve

I seem to recall this was done for RCM a few years ago. I'm too lazy to
look for references however.