Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Painting metal (a van)

In message
.
x.invalid
Jonelle wrote:

Hi all

I'm acquiring a van shortly (purely for recreational use -
camping, biking that sort of thing).

I want to paint the inside white, in order to make it a lot
lighter. I was planning on simply using ordinary undercoat and
an eggshell type of finish. This will be fine for the three
walls (which are ply-lined) but I was wondering if it's also OK
for the roof.

Any opinions?

Mildly connected: I'll be investigating getting windows fitted in
the sliding doors (it's a Citroen Dispatch), to enhance the
light; apparently - I hear - that will also ease the operation of
taking the odd load of waste to the local tip).

Cheers
John

Ordinary alkyd gloss will suffice, but you should use a coach
enamel for this type of job, coach enamels have a longer window
for drying times so painting larger arears will keep a wet edge
for a longer period, unlike ordinary faster drying gloss paints.

Can't help with the windows though.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes