Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_3_] michael adams[_3_] is offline

Default Lidl extension lead. This can't be safe...

"Graham." wrote in message ...

...Can it?
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/extlead2.jpg
Note the "child safety feature" which I can only imagine is the mandatory shutter in the
socket or the equally mandatory shrouded pins on the plug.
Oh, and notice the handy hint about it only being "volt free" when unplugged, from the

mains
presumably not the appliance.

It doesn't mention this feature though
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/extlead1.jpg
Bare in mind that I am only using one hand, the other is holding the camera
And no, the centre screw on this sample is not lose, they are all like that, the material
is simply too flexible.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

This may be a local thing as I checked out some in a West London Lidl yesterday
and both the plugs and sockets were made of the usual rigid plastic. I only
noticed them in passing - white extension leads - just checking the plugs out
or interest and so I forget to check for any labels to identify them as being
exactly the same product line.

michael adams