Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Laptop.

Adrian wrote:
Adrian C gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

And with Office 2000 it won't install if that package hasn't been kept
upto date with recent Office service packs. And those are difficult to
find on the MS site, now that MS have dropped support.

A quick google for "Office 2000 SP3" finds the service pack instantly...

Yes, you are right. I was relying on the 'Microsoft Update' tool to fix
someone's installation, and getting hacked off that Microsoft had
discontinued access to something previous called the 'Office Update'
tool which would have scanned and fed in the updates automatically.

Looks like I'll have to get back to that PC and do things manually, but
am more or less thinking that the 'Microsoft Update' tool was telling me
to upgrade instead :-(

--
Adrian C