Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Replacing microwave cardboard shield

diggerodell wrote:
Inside my microwave is a small 3x5" opening which is covered by a 3 x 5"
piece of thin shinny cardboard. At one time, the four corners of the
cardboard fit snugly into four small slots, so that it barely covered
the full opening. Now those four corners have become broken and worn,
allowing the cardboard to slip 1/4" below the top opening. Will this
affect the performance or safety of the microwave? If so, can I replace
the cardboard with a piece of non-shinny cardboard?

Thanks.
digger

Hmmm,
How about holding cardboard with a drop of epoxy?