Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default need switch for 3-in-1 machine

JR North wrote:
You don't necessarilly need to replace it. I have repaired , for
instance, a Ford type headliught switch with burned out low beam
contacts by drilling the burned composit terminal base terminal
position, filling the hole with thick super glue, drilling that to
accept a fabbed contact, and soldering a wire to the contact, going
through the drilled out conector plug.

It is a rotary-type switch, with rotating fingers
that swipe both sides of the fixed
contact blades. It would be fairly hard to repair
this type of switch.
It has about 6 poles in it, I can't figure out why
they made it so complicated,
but it did the job until now.

I could replace with a heavy-duty toggle switch
and a separate reversing switch.
It would just be easier to replace with the exact
unit. (Then, of course, it would
burn out in 10 years, again.)

Jon