Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default linear actuator

so if you make the red plus and the white minus, it moves? and if you make
the red minus and the white plus it still moves in the same direction?

tell us exactly what you did, maybe we can help - your guess that the two
larger wires are power is good - sometimes the ground is part of the circuit
(e.g. red to ground or white to ground)

"mike" wrote in message
Long time since I've posted but I need some help.
I have a HTS (Houston Tracking System) linear actuator off of a C-ban
satallite dish. It has 6 wires coming out of it; 2 large (~16 ga.)
[red and white] and 4 smaller wires [od green, green, yellow and bare]
I'm pretty sure that the red and white are the power leads and the
others are sensor wires. I also think that it is 24 volts dc, here is
where I have been having problems; I can get the actuator to move in
only one direction no matter which wires I use for positive and
negitive. Is there a couple of the other wires that need to be dealt
with in order to make this motor turn in the oppsite direction? Any
help would be appreciated.

Mike