Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Mirror, mirror, on the wall ...

"Phil L" wrote in message
.. .
Arfa Daily wrote:
Hi all

Anyone had experience of sticking mirrors to tiled walls ? I have
nearly finished my bathroom refit, and want to fit a mirror to one
fully tiled wall, preferably invisibly. The tiles are large at 60 x
30 cm, and very flat (I fitted them and I'm a pedantic bugger for
such things).
I have some cartridge adhesive called Pro-stick 2000. It was given to
me by the owner of a company that builds food retail trailers (burger
vans etc) to stick some ally trim to a centre counter when I rebuilt
my kitchen. It is a professional adhesive and they use it for
everything. It grabs pretty much instantly, and sets to a rigid but
slightly pliable bond. I'm pretty sure that once on, you would need
to use some serious brute force to remove anything stuck on with it,
so I was thinking of using it to secure my mirror to the wall.

So, is this the way that mirrors are invisibly fixed ? No issues with
the silvering coming away from the glass, as it occurs to me that
what you would actually be sticking is just the layer of silvering,
and then relying on how well that is bonded to the glass ? Sort of
like when you are sticking tiles to a painted surface, and you are
actually relying on the paint bond to the wall. Any insights or
genuine experiences appreciated.
TIA

Arfa

I used white silicone to affix a mirror to tiles in my shower - this was
10 years ago and it's still there and perfectly usuable - it's so I can
have a shave in the shower.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

I take it that it's at head height then ... ? d;~)

Arfa