Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What the 'kinelll?

chris French wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Working in a local hotel, last renovated in the late 80's, asked to
bleed a rad in one of the rooms;

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...photos/rad.jpg

The tee is plastic, as is the pipe going to the right.

I'm at a loss as to whats going on

Well, presumably whoever installed it was lacking an elbow at the time
and use the Tee instead. A bit of kludge, but otherwise I don't see
the problem. I plumbed most of the CH in my old house with plastic.

- needless to say I didn't touch it in
case something leaked.

why would you have needed to touch it to bleed it?

I didn't. Saying "I was asked to bleed a rad" was simply an attempt to set
the scene, to explain why I was looking at the rad.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk