Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default Help with mounting wall phone

There's not a lot of call for mounting old hand crank to modern wall jacks.
So yes if you walk into a regular store they are going think you are crazy.

I would figure out how to mount the phone on the wall and modify the phone
jack to work. Maybe a recessed mount.

"Daniel Carlson" wrote in message
I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with today's
modular jacks. Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting hardware on the
back which slides over the two slightly protruding screw heads which are
found on a standard telephone switchplate, or wall plate. Does anyone know
of an online hardware store that carries such a two hole "keyhole" type
mount for wall mounting a telephone? I've found single keyhole mounts, but
would prefer the type that's specifically made for telephones if they're
available.

TIA.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore CO