Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

Default Kenmore Microwave Oven - 2 failures in 2 years

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 03:21:08 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Harbor Freight has several different sets of security bits:
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=security+bit&Submit=Go

Thanks.

I have the 100 piece set, which I bought at the local hardware store
for about 3 times the price. It does NOT have 5 point Torx style
bits, but does include some other weird bits.

That is a nice set. It is on sale for $5.99 right now.

About 2/3 of the set are NOT security bits, but just common Torx,
Allen, Phillips, straight blade, etc bits. There are also some
duplicate bits that seem to have been added so that they total 100
bits. The quality of the supplied bits are kinda marginal.

I haven't found any low grade bits in the HF set I bought a couple
years ago. At one time Torx was considered a security bit, but they
became mainsteam and ruined that. I like that there are duplicates.
That way if you lose on on a jobsite you should have a spare.

I also have several of the 33 piece sets, which are all security bits.
This is a good selection, but also do not include 5 point Torx style.
The quality of the bits are much better than the 100 piece set.

is another nice set. Especially when it's on sale for half price.

Also, HF calls Torx either tourqe or star.

Did you know that HF had an assortment of 1/2W 5% carbon film
resistors at one time? It was a nice starter kit for newbies.