Swingman

Default Is Usnet Dying?

The format of UseNet is what is so attractive to me ... I just like using my
e-mail client to participate and never cared a tinker's damn for web based
forums.

However, I participated in an e-book forum for a number of years using a
list server and it was almost like being on UseNet, as the _comfort_ of your
e-mail client was preserved.

I would not be adverse to trying it again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"George M. Kazaka" wrote in message
I am on a listserv for cancer support and there is generally never a

problam
there subscribers from all over the world.
There are many other listserv's some moderated and some not.
Anyone starts screwing around on them and they pull the plug.
There are arguments of course but not flame wars.
The guy that runs it ask for donations to help defray his costs once a

year
and he usually gets enough donations to run longer than the year.
When I came on here i actually joined a woodwork listserv, I was getting

all
the e-mails from this group but when i posted no one got them, I never

found
out where they went
I still do not understand how this newsgroup goes to the listserv but it

is
based in Indianna.

Some of you Computer Gurus should look into it
George