Posted to uk.d-i-y
Part timer Part timer is offline

Default Changing brushes on washing machine motor?

On Oct 18, 8:30*pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Thanks for your response.
But I don't understand it completely.
What exactly is a "sticket"?

Sorry, I typed my reply in a rush - I meant sticker. What you find on
that can mean a lot to the supplier of replacement parts like brushes.

My motor is very near the floor of the machine,
and I can't see anything underneath it.

I used a little mirror, LED headtorch and took a digital photo.
Flipped it around to read the text the right way. But you will be able
to read all identifying text once you remove the motor.

Also what do you mean by "disconnect the look"?

Sorry, loom, wiring connector.

As far as I can see, there are two bolts holding the motor
on my machine.
I just tried turning these with my adjustable spanner,
but I haven't succeeded yet.

Mine has 8mm (I think) hex headed screws into plastic. A normal socket
with extension pieces does the trick. There are 2 of those screws at
the rear of the motor where its bracket meets the outer drum, then 2
more screws in exactly the same positions at the far end of the motor
(nearest the front of the machine). All the screwheads are visible
from the rear.
Once the screws are removed, tap the rear brackets forward with a
hammer and piece of wood, and the motor will drop off.

I suspect I shall have to pay the exorbitant call-out fee
to get an expert in.

No need. Save your cash. ~£40 for new parts and about 10 minutes
maximum with a screwdriver and a little fiddling with the spade
terminals. You can also take the motor outside and blast out the
carbon dust from the coils with compressed air. Don't breathe it in
though. See where your old brushes ended up!