Tom Watson

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:40:39 -0500, "solarman"
wrote:

It HAS made some advances since the 2400's day... I still have my old satellite feed from Planet Connect but they no longer offer the old service anymore... 2.4Ghz was pretty quick back in 1989 too! Almost makes me want to setup the old Intermail/Proboard combo again... grin

'Tis true, solarman, that there have been advances but, I hearken back
to the brave days, when modems were modems, and interfaced directally
with the handset - Ah, the roar of the handshake, the smell of the
download!

(when a single graphics file sat on the phone line overnight)

Yeehaa!

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania