Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Compact Florescent lamp trick

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:39:48 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sun 18 Oct 2009 11:01:34a, Mark Lloyd told us...

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:27:08 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

[snip]

Don't know if it is actually bad for the eyes or not, but it does
probably reduce bumped shins when you get up to run to the can during
commercials. I usually just leave the light at the far end of the
kitchen turned on.

And the light makes it harder to accidentally step on a cat. They're
something like the other things you can bump into, but are mobile and
can be found in unexpected places.

I keep a string of green LED holiday lights on all the time.

BTW, some of the lights (some in each series) have gone out over time,
but others are still lit. That's strange.

Actually, not at all strange. Typically these lights are wired in series,
but the bulbs are designed to fuse the filament together when they burn out
so that the circuit is still completed.

LEDs don't have filaments, but semiconductor junctions.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster