Mark Jerde

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Lee K wrote:

Try this site:
http://news.individual.net/

It's a usenet server based in Germany that is very reliable, fast,
and free. You can still keep your current access via your ISP and use
this as a back-up, or, do as I do and use it all the time, since it
is much more reliable than most ISP access is.

One bummer:

http://news.individual.net/faq.html#5.3

5.3 May I mangle my "From:" header address so that I do not get SPAM?

No. We recommend to get an account with a free e-mail provider (such as
GMX, Yahoo, Hotmail, Bigfoot...) and to not read mails that go to that
address at all, only sporadically or in combination with suitable filter
mechanisms.
This has the same effect, but does not violate the netiquette, our policy or
other guidelines.
Another way is the usage of ". The owner of privacy.net has
given his permission to use that address for SPAM protection purposes.

-- Mark