Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default re thinking garage/ceiling in shop

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 05:40:10 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I am re thinking the osb and debating on attempting to install drywall
myself even though I have never worked with it. My question is, I put
a drain in my floor so I could pressure wash my floor and maybe
occassionally wash a car inside the building. Would painted drywall be
ok in this situaltion or if it ever gets wet from one of these
activities will it ruin it?

snip

You could just put up the drywall and then cover it with the
cheapest steel siding you can find. It would be painted,
water and fire resistant in one fell swoop...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b