Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default need switch for 3-in-1 machine

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:02:00 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

(Pardon my re-posting this, but it didn't appear
on my news server)

snip

It went through earlier okay, you got three replies which I
have added below:

===
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Need switch for 3-in-1 machine
From: "Bill Noble"
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:12:34 -0700
--------
try mouser or digikey - they should both have something - or
alternatively
if you can fit a center off DPDT toggle switch just use
that.
"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Hello, all,

We have one of those horrible 3-in-1 machines at work. (I know better
than letting a piece of CRAP like that in MY shop.) Anyway, the power
switch has gone bad, it has a burned-up contact. It is a fairly compact
rotary reversing switch with a center-off position. It has a part #
HZ10-10P/4. I found one outfit that has the parts manual online for what
appeas to be the identical machine, and they show the same part # in their
book.

Does anyone know where to get such a switch? It would be convenient to
get an identical replacement so I don't have to drill a binch of holes,
etc.

Thanks,

Jon

===
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: JR North
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:06:25 -0700
--------

You don't necessarilly ned to replace it. I have repaired
, for instance, a Ford type headliught switch with burned
out low beam contacts by drilling the burned composit
terminal base terminal position, filling the hole with thick
super glue, drilling that to accept a fabbed contact, and
soldering a wire to the contact, going through the drilled
out conector plug.

JR
Dweller in the cellar
===
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: Winston
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:08:59 -0700
--------
Jon Elson wrote:

(...)
It has a part #
HZ10-10P/4. I found one outfit that has the parts manual online for what
appeas to be the identical machine, and they show the same part # in their
book.

Does anyone know where to get such a switch? It would be convenient to
get an identical replacement so I don't have to drill a binch of holes,
etc.

Like item 220 in:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...rm&ItemID=5980

Harbor Freight will sell you the part.