Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default HVAC question

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:54:32 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:10:50 -0600, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:

wrote in message

-snip-

50% RH is "high"?

I guess to me it is...I also have an indoor swimming pool in the back yard
(not attached to house) and I keep the RH in that building to 30-35%...I
park my BMW in the same building with no issues.... Jim

They run computer rooms at 50%. I guess I am just more used to a
higher number in a home. I just looked and it is 44% in here right now
and my lips are cracking and my throat feels dry..

50% is high to the Aprilaire folks-- I've been dicking around off
and on for 2 weeks wondering why mine isn't kicking on. One year old
humidifier-- new furnace install. Bought a new transformer. . .
tested where I had it hooked up. Finally read the manual again.
Max humidity is 45%. Mine is 47%.

*That's* why it has that 'test' setting.g

Jim