Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default flamethrowers

On Oct 18, 11:47*pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 18 Oct, 20:51, bluesky wrote:

Lots of dead leaves on the gravel.
Seem to recall the groundkeepers at school had a sort of flamethrower
thingy like a teapot with a 3-foot spout.

Fiver from a good farm auction, fortune on eBay.

Damn useless, but great fun. * I have three of the things * (and never
get round to eBaying that which I ought)

Best thing is a besom broom (i.e. fan-shaped long bristles, not a
wooden head) and just sweeping them up.

I had one, but not really worth using, more a gimmick. If you read up
on them you'll find that to be worth having one needs to be
surprisingly high power, the domestic models dont really cut it.

Tried a garden vac too, but the size, weight and extension cord meant
it was just as quick to sweep them up. I guess thats why pro
groundspeople still just sweep them.

NT