Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default What's the deal with the heavily-advertized Dyson vacuum cleaners?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 17, 10:49 am, Van Chocstraw
wrote:
Sum Guy wrote:
Are the Dyson vacuum cleaners as good as they say they are?

Are they worthy of the tv-commercial air time? Or is this a case of "if
you advertize it, they will buy" ?

They are just trying to justify a high price. Some people will buy
something just because it costs more.

Curious that you have such a strong opinion on something you don't
own. Virtually all of the reviews from people that actually bought it
are 4 and 5 stars (Dyson Animal). Google has a review consolidator -
click on the "all reviews" link.

reply: I don't own any Oakley glasses. I think anyone who would pay $200
to $300 for a pair of sunglasses needs to be confined and observed for a
week. The same goes for vacuum cleaners. I've had $5 garage sale vacuums
that did as good as a new one, and if they died, hell, just go get another
one.

Rhinestone shades (@$200 a pair) or cheap sunglasses, as some prophet once
said.

Steve